Plant based meals or #meatlessmonday are a great way to add more nutrients in to your diet and help reduce the carbon footprint. Most people either don’t like tofu or have never tried it but it is honestly one of the cheapest and easiest forms of protein to cook. It doesn’t really have a taste so it absorbs the flavours it’s cooked in. This is what makes the satay tofu so damn delicious! Even if you’re not vegetarian and just want to try a new meal for your meal prep this week, give this recipe a go because trust me, you can’t help but LOVE it! Even my meat eating partner loves it and begs me to make it for his lunches! Give it a go and I promise you won’t regret it! Ps.. it freezes really well too so make extras.
This recipe is one of the many healthy and delicious recipes that my clients enjoy through my 1:1, intensive LEAN Gut Mind Method 12 Coaching Program. Intake for LEAN Gut Mind Method is open, so if you’re sick of feeling bloated, tired, puffy and let down by your emotional eating, let me and my team teach you how to get LEAN, stay lean and heal yourself once and for all from gut troubles and emotional eating.
- 1 cup (160g) cooked/steamed brown rice
- 2 cups (200g) finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas & corn mix
- 200g satay marinated firm tofu, cut into bite-size squares
- 60g shelled edamame beans/salad 1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for GF)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Cook rice as per packet instructions or steam from pre-cooked packet.
- Grill satay tofu in a non stick fry pan until brown/ crispy
- Place the cooked rice in a microwave-safe container and add the finely chopped broccoli, frozen peas and corn, satay tofu and edamame.
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes until the frozen peas and corn and warm. Mix through the soy sauce and chilli flakes and dig in!
Nutritional info: Roughly 500 calories per serve depending on brands used + 30g PRO | 41g CARB | 13g FAT | 12g FIBRE