This is a super delicious afternoon tea snack, perfect with a cup of tea! It needs to be kept in the fridge and eaten as soon as you take it out as it will melt if you let it sit on the counter. I love to make these into tiny slices which are perfect to satisfy any sweet craving I might have. Any leftovers will keep well in the fridge for a week.
The nutrition analysis (depending on brands used) for 1 slice is: 160 calories, 10g fat, 16g carbs, 7g sugar, 3.5g protein and 3g fibre.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup bran flakes (eg. All Bran)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey OR rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- + Topping
- 1 punnet (125g) fresh blueberries
- 4 (20g) squares 80% dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a brownie tray with non stick baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, bran flakes, coconut, 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup honey/rice malt syrup and 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- Mix until everything is wet then press down mixture tightly into a lined brownie tin.
- Top the slice with the blueberries.
- Melt the dark chocolate squares then drizzle it over the blueberries.
- Melt 1 tbs coconut oil with 1 tbs peanut butter, stir to combine.
- Drizzle the PB/coconut oil mix over the blueberries too.
- Place the whole brownie tray into the freezer until set (at least an 30-60 minutes).
- After setting, remove the slice, cut into 20 small squares and enjoy!! Keep the left overs in the fridge in an air tight container as it’s a raw slice, the toppings will melt if you leave it on the counter.