I love nothing better than a warming curry but I hate how most takeaway versions are very high in calories and contain very little vegetables! My delicious and nourishing chicken turmeric curry is ideal for a healthy waistline, gut friendly and also packed full of extra fibre and nutrients from all my vegetables. This freezes really well for a quick and healthy dinner too! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think below!
- 300g raw chicken
- 100g raw brown rice (250g cooked)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 x 400ml cans of light coconut milk
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 (300g) small cauliflower, diced
- 1/2 (300g) small broccoli, diced
- 8 medium button mushrooms, diced
- 250g green beans, diced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- Heat a large fry pain and add 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the onion, 1 tbsp curry powder and 1 tsp turmeric and stir for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the chicken and 1 can of coconut milk.
- Allow the coconut milk to simmer then turn the heat to low and allow the chicken to cook for 15-20 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from heat and pop aside.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat another large fry pain and add the rest of the oil, turmeric and curry powder. Add optional chilli flakes if you like it hot! Stir until fragrant then add all the chopped veggies to your pan.
- Pour the second can of coconut milk over the veggies and allow the milk to come to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and put a lid on the fry pan and allow the veggies to simmer in the coconut milk until they are cooked through (roughly 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the chicken and rice into 4 portions and add 1/4 of the veggies to each portion. Stir and enjoy!
- Please tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you make this! IG: @the_fitness_dietitian FB: @thefitnessdietitian
Each serve contains approx: 30grams protein, 36 grams carbohydrates, 26 grams fat and 16 grams fibre