Who doesn’t love a delicious muffin recipe as a snack! Blueberry muffins are a childhood favourite of mine so I wanted to make a healthy version of traditional muffins. These delicious & wholesome muffins are made higher fibre, lower sugar & more protein than what typical muffins are (plus they’re toddler approved!). The additional fibre and protein plus lower sugar content mean that you’ll stay fuller for longer and reduce those pesky sugar cravings! I like 1 muffin as a snack choice or 1-2 muffins + 2 boiled eggs for breaky (the addition of the eggs with the muffin at breaky adds more protein and fat to keep you full and satisfied until your next meal). Make sure to tag me on Instagram @the_fitness_dietitian or on Facebook @thefitnessdietitian if you make them!
- 2 cups whole meal SR flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 170g tub vanilla high protein yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Spray 18 muffin holes with spray oil.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and the chia seeds.
4. In a separate large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (yoghurt, eggs, tahini, milk, honey).
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & fold together but don’t over mix. Stir through the blueberries.
6. Using a large spoon, spoon mixture into the muffin holes making 18 muffins.
7. Bake for 25 mins until browned on top and cooked through.
8. Allow to cool then store left overs in the fridge. Optional: before serving out of the fridge, heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.