I LOVE a good baked breakfast loaf and I’ve tried to make this one as healthy as possible by boosting the protein and fibre and by lowering the sugar in it. It’s a quick and easy breakfast on the go if you’re running late or the perfect pre-workout snack! If you don’t eat it all within a few days, consider freezing individual slices and defrosting them then microwaving them for 20-30 seconds before eating (I recommend it warm served with extra vanilla YoPRO!)
- Wet Ingredients:
- - 160g high protein YoPRO vanilla yoghurt
- - 3/4 cup of skim milk
- - 2 free range eggs
- - 1 cup frozen berries
- - 3 tbsp honey
- Dry Ingredients:
- - 2.5 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- - 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- - 1/2 walnuts (chopped)
- - 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat an oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Line a 9x 5 loaf tin with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate small mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir gently to just combined.
- Pour mixture into the baking tin and place in the oven
- Allow to cook for roughly 50-60 minutes or until browned on top and cooked all the way through (note: I recommend checking it after 45 minutes then every 5 minutes after that to ensure it doesn't burn. Once a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, it should be cooked).
- Allow to cool slightly but eat whilst it's still a little warm.
- Slice into 10 even slices and store lefts overs in the fridge in an air tight container.
- I recommend serving this warm with a large dollop of Vanilla YoPRO and a spoon of chia jam (just frozen raspberries heated with chia seeds then stirred to make a thick 'jam').
This recipe makes 10 slices. Each slice is roughly 215 calories, 5.5g fat, 34g carbs, 8g sugar, 8g protein and 6g fibre.