Check out my recipe for my quick and easy 4 Ingredient Queen Garnet Antioxidant Pancakes.
- 80g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- 100mls milk
- 2 Queen Garnets (diced & seed removed)
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the eggs, milk and chopped Queen Garnet’s and stir until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and pour in enough batter to make a small pancake, I used a 1/4 cup for reference (batter should make 6 small pancakes). Cook for just under a minute until bubbles begin to pop on the surface and the edges are looking a little dry. Carefully turn the pancake over. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes (3 small ones per serve) with freshly chopped Queen Garnets and your choice of syrup, Greek yoghurt or shavings of dark chocolate
The Queen Garnet is a Queensland-owned variety of Japanese plum (Prunus salicina Lindl.) that is naturally high in a particular type of antioxidant known as anthocyanin. Cyanidin 3-glucoside is generally found to be the most prominent anthocyanin present in the Queen Garnet.
Queen Garnets boast antioxidant levels 3 to 20 times that of other plum varieties thanks to their high concentration of anthocyanin. This is a natural antioxidant that gives some plants their rich, vibrant red, blue and deep purple colouring.
To make these easy & delicious antioxidant pancakes, follow my recipe below and don’t forget to tag us if you make them @queengarnetofficial.
And hurry, the Queen Garnet’s are only in season in Australian supermarkets for another month.
Just in case you guys wanted to try some of the Queen Garnet products (there’s plum powder, Australian plum nectar, probiotic and prebiotic powder + probiotic chewables), head the Queen Garnet online store and use my 15% off discount code, “LEANNE15” (it’s one use per customer) and domestic shipping is free for orders over $60.
Posting in collaboration with Queen Garnet as their 2021 nutrition ambassador.