Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oats (High Protein)Print This
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice protein powder (plain or vanilla flavour)
- 8 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs mesquite power* optional
- 2 tbs lucuma powder* optional
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 3.5 cups almond (or other milk alternative)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then add the wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray (lasagne dish sized) and press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven until cooked & set – roughly 20-25 mins. It should start to brown on top a little.
- Allow to cool then slice into 6 serves.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze it.
- This recipe sis best eaten hot (or warmed in the microwave) and topped with a large spoon of coconut yoghurt (or Green yoghurt if you prefer!)
- Please tag me on Instagram if you make it! @the_fitness_dietitian
1. You can use any type of protein powder, milk or yoghurt you prefer (dairy or non dairy based). 2. The mesquite power* & lucuma powder* are optional but they give it a lovely caramel taste (plus extra nutrients!). You can purchase them from your local health food shop (I grab mine from The Source Bulk Foods). If you choose not to include them, simply remove them from the recipe (no need to replace them with anything).